All KS1 children at Tenbury C.E. Primary Academy participate in a Forest School experience, once a fortnight in our forest school area.
Forest school is an inspirational outdoor experience where children are offered regular opportunities to achieve, develop social skills, self esteem and confidence throughout real life experiences in a woodland environment.
During the session, children take part in activities such as:
Using tools safely and appropriately
- Making fires and cooking in our bread oven
- Den making
- Exploring and learning about the woodland environment
- Planting and growing vegetables
- Natural art and exploring creativity.
Throughout these kinds of activities and other child led ideas, forest school aims to:
- Encourage creativity
- Develop a curiosity about, and respect for, the natural environment
- Increase physical skills and spatial awareness
- Develop co-operation and social skills
- Increase self-esteem and confidence
- Celebrate achievements and successes